Wednesday 26 November 2008

Lili of the Valley Challenge 10

This week's challenge over at Lili of the Valley is "Sprinkle and sparkle" so this is my card for my DT responsibilities. The winner will get to be a guest designer for 2 weeks so get crafting for such a fab prize!!!

I've been itching to use this cute LOTV mermaid stamp so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I coloured in the image with copics and covered her tail in my trusty Crystal Stickles and added a tiny gem on her necklace. I then experimented a little (luckily it worked first time) as I wanted to create a lovely glittery sea with lots of different colours in it rather than just have one colour of card. To do this I basically cute out a scalloped circle with my nesties and then coloured it with 4 or 5 different blue/green copics. I then patted it with clear Versamark ink pad and embossed it with clear glitter embossing powder. I repeated this twice more so it gave this lovely glittery sea but so that you could still see all the changing colours of the sea beneath it. Hope you like it! I then mounted on some green/blue Bazzill card cut with my nesties and then made a base card using my nesties. It's the first time I've done that but I wanted the card to look like a scalloped shell like she has as her bikini. I finished it off with a ribbon and a seahorse button from my stash.

Crafty stash used: Stamp (Lili of the Valley); Copics; Crystal Stickles; Assorted cardstock; Nesties; Ribbon (recycled); Button (?); Versamark embossing pad; Clear glitter embossing powder; Gem (recycled)

I'm hoping to enter some challenges towards the end of the week. I haven't done any cardmaking for over a week (I made this card a week ago!) as I've been doing a painting for my watercolour class in my spare time and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! I may post my painting on here if it turns out vaguely OK!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Steph this is fab. x

Chris said...

Fabulous Steph! I love your beautifully coloured mermaid and the gorgeous sparkling sea you've created. A wonderful design. Chris x

Donalda said...

Oh this is just adorable dear. So gorgeous