Monday 1 December 2008

Cupcake Craft Challenge 16

Hello! This week's challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge is set by me! Yay! I've set the challenge of "Vintage". I thought this would be a real challenge as pretty much all of the cards I've been making for a while have been "cute". However, for all of you addicted to your "cute" style (like me, don't worry I'm not giving it up!!), I've made the challenge as broad as possible by saying if you don't want to do the full vintage style, you can make anything you want as long as it includes one vintage element to it. Hope you'll play along this week with me!

So here is the card I made- I went for the full vintage look! I think this stamp is soooo beautiful and actually doesn't look like a stamp! It's by The Stampsmith and I think she looks so dreamy. I mounted her on some matching card and added this gorgeous corners which were in a Papermania kit with these papers. I inked the edges of the papers with Vintage Photo ink and finally added a sentiment, tag and some lovely gold sheer ribbon. The sketch is based around an old Friday Sketchers sketch I think.

Crafty stash used: Stamp (The Stampsmith); Paper (Papermania); Vintage photo ink (Ranger); Sentiment, tag, photo corners (Papermania); Ribbon (Recycled)

21 comments:

Natalie said...

This is lovely Steph. x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a gorgeous card hun. I love the image you've used. Hgus Linda x

strawberry fields said...

Gorgeous card, Steph. I love vintage!
F x

Jen said...

Gorgeous card Steph. That stamp is amazing, I thought it was a photo!
Jen x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow Steph, this is wonderful. Kim

June said...

Wow Steph, you do vintage really well. You should venture out more often , I know you have been wanting to for a while. I am so impressed and adore this one. That stamp is awesome but not sure if i can get hold of those stamps as they are American. Love this !! I will think about the challenge and may add one just for you hehehe
Hugs June xxx

June said...

Me again Steph, Ok have done one its on me blog. Hope you like it
Hugs June xxx

craft mad Jenny said...

gorgeous card,

jenny

Donalda said...

Oh what a gorgeous card dear I just love that image. I have it but has been ages since I done a vintage card but just beautiful dear

Rosette said...

I loved doing the vintage card Steph, thanks for the challenge!! I became confued at first at what to do, but with some research for inspiration, it was quick, and lovely! :)

June said...

Awww thanks for your lovely comments on my vintage too Steph. I am not professional though hehehe ... loved the compliment though Steph and thanks for that :) I just do my best with materials i have.
Can't wait for christmas so i can get some more craft stash ehehehe
Hugs June x

Lexxie said...

This is fab Steph. You must have read my my mind as I have just finished a vintage card. I will try to photograpgh it this coming weekend to enter the challenge!

Love Sarita xxx

Claire Mackaness said...

Stunning card Steph and a fab challenge. Hope you like my entry

Anonymous said...

This is so very pretty! Thanks for adding me to your followed blogs! I've added you to mine! I also put the Cupcakes Challenge Badge onto my sidebar. xo Serena

Dawn Wheeler said...

Beautiful card Steph ,realy gorgeous ,Dawnxx

Ultramum said...

That is a fabulous card!

Victoria said...

Stunning card - love the image and coloours used especially the ribbon

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, what an amazing colour combination.

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, the answer to your question about the scallopped edges on my tins is - it is not a die cut, I simply cut it out myself!!

Claire

LOUISE said...

Hi Steph, fab card, love the colours, definately very Vintage. Louise x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow Steph..This is `gorgeous`...sorry I havent been over for a while but it`s always great to catch up with all your delightful creations...
Have a lovely Tuesday:)~X~