Friday 28 October 2011

A snuggly Christmas!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing good! First of all, I'd like to say hello to my new followers and to say thanks, I will come and visit you! x

Have been busy again this week so no time for crafting but have a few cards in reserve I've previously made so I can at least show you those when I'm busy! I was so lucky last week- I had 2 challenge wins! I won 10 digi images from Pollycraft and a wee stamp set from A Passion For Papertrey- thanks guys!

So my card today is a simple Forever Friends Christmas one. A bit of a less is more card as I'm hoping the colouring does the talking! :0)

I coloured him with watercolour pencils blended with Gamsol. Originally when I coloured, I used water with my watercolour pencils (unsurprisingly!!) which is why I bought lyra pencils to use with Gamsol to try a more blended approach. A couple of months ago I decided to try watercolour pencils with Gamsol and found out that they work just as well as lyra!! Anyhoo -now I have a bigger selection of colours to work with and find that I enjoy mixing up media and using different medias all at once. Now sometimes when I colour with copics, I add watercolour/lyra shading over the top. It's good to mix it up and experiment!

Paper is by MME I think.Usual close up! Doesn't he look cute and snuggly?!

I'd like to enter this into:
Forever Friends- anything goes

Crafty stash used: Stamp (Forever Friends); Watercolour pencils; Copics; Paper (MME?); Assorted cardstock; Gems; Sentiment (Craftwork Cards); Ribbon; Star brad (Lakeland)

4 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Another gorgeous card Steph, I am loving the papers and your colouring. Perfection as always. Hope you have had a good week, hugs Linda x

Ms Schnaderle said...

Hello Steph,

so simple an so adorable. I love your bear.

Big Hug
Ms Schnaderle

Mary J said...

Oh Steph, this is super cute honey! I love the papers too!

Cheryl said...

Awww, this is so sweet! I love your coloring!


~Cheryl~
** Check out my blog candy **