Tuesday 29 November 2011

Anything Goes Challenge- Cutting Corners

Hello!! Happy Tuesday! Today's challenge over at Anything Goes Challenge is "Cutting corners" so we want to see your decorative corners please!! Check out the DT's gorgeous makes!!!

I don't know about you but I am well and truly over making Christmas cards for this year!! I only have 7 to make now which may not seem like a lot but I seem to have totally lost my mojo- have you seen it??!!

Anyway here is today's card. This is an order request from my Mum. She wanted me to make something using this cute Molly Bloom window stamp. FAO- your Molly Bloom stamps can be purchased from Lynne at The Craft Den!

I stamped the window twice and used one as the background where I coloured the nightsky using copics and adding Liquid Pearls for the snow. The second one I used for the window frame which I cut out and then stuck acetate behind to look like glass. I raised the frame with foam pads. I paper pieced the blind and the little heart. These gorgeous papers are by Prima called North Country. I did a bit of die-cutting on this one. The big snowflake and holly are Papertrey Ink. The swirls in the corners are a Boss Kut die. I also ripped some paper in the right hand corner to add a bit of interest. Sentiment is Papertrey Ink.

I'd like to enter this into:
Pollycraft- Christmas Fun
Stamptacular Sunday- Anything Christmas
Dutch Dare- recipe- image, papers, ribbon, layers, pearls
Truly Scrumptious- Christmas project with pearls or vintage

Crafty stash used: Stamps (Molly Bloom, Papertrey Ink); Papers (Prima); Copics; Assorted cardstock; Snowflake & holly dies (PTI); Swirl (Boss-Kut); Button (PTI); Pearls; Nailheads; Liquid Pearls; Ribbon (PTI)

9 comments:

Gaynor Greaves said...

I am loving this card, so different and gorgeous, Gaynor :)

Tamara Morton said...

You would never know that your mojo had gone! If this is the sort of card you make with no mojo, Wow, watch out for when it returns!! Stunning card Steph..
Hugs
Tamara

Unknown said...

WOW!! How lovely is this!! Love the window!! It is just a stunning card!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge at the "Anything Christmas - Challenge" Hope to see you again!

Hugs from Tine

Dorte said...

Lovely window, stunning.
Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC this week and good luck.
hugs Dorte

MarcyK924 said...

OH EM GEE!! This card is AMAZING! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy

Inkypinkycraft said...

Beautiful card, love the use of all the papers and the corner bits are fab! Trace x

Nina said...

Ohlala, what a wonderful card!! Love the papers and the window is fab coloured. Beautiful sentiment too!

Thanks for joining our "Anything Christmas" challenge at Stamptacular Sunday :)
Hugs, Nina.

Ebru Vatansever said...

This card is so beautiful Steph, I absolutely love this window !!

Arabella said...

This card is just awesome Steph! I never would have guessed your mojo had gone anywhere at all! I love what you have done with the window!

Thanks for joining us for the Christmas Fun challenge at Pollycraft!

Arabella