Tuesday 8 November 2011

PTI Christmas cards!

Hi everyone!! I'm not going to be able to do much crafting at the moment so I thought I'd schedule this post so that you've all got something to see whilst I'm busy!

I did a BIG Papertrey Ink purchase about a month ago (sorry, forgot to photograph!) and purchased a couple of their new Christmas sets. I'm being very good cos I'm keeping a couple of the other sets to use in the New Year- aren't I good?! Anyway, I wanted to get moving on my Christmas cards so over a few days I made 10 cards which is good for me. I'm loving doing a different, less is more, style. I think from now on, I'll do half my Christmas cards as cute, lots of colouring, sketch based cards (ie my usual style) and then the other half as a sort of PTI stylee!

So here are 3 cards to show you...

With this first card, I'm channelling Dawn McVey here. She gave me the idea of using the swirls from the Holiday Photo Finishers set in this way. The circular sentiment is also from this set which I cut out with a nestie and mounted on the new Damask snowflake die (I LOVE this die!!) I then put Crystal stickles around the sentiment and added nailheads. I popped up the snowflake to add some dimension.

Just as a variation, I added some Poppy PTI ribbon. This time I didn't mount the snowflake up as this is a card order from my Mum and she likes me to do some cards that go through the normal post rather than having to pay extra because I add too much gumpf to my cards!!!

Crafty stash used: Stamps (PTI); Snowflake die (PTI); Nesties; Crystal Stickles; Ribbon (PTI); Nailheads (Josy Rose)

Finally I took my inspiration from Lisa Johnson here on this card. She used some gorgeous swirls as a background so I dug out these swirls from Inkadinkadoo and used Versamark and clear glitter embossing powder. The purple is not quite as dark as it appears on this photo. I used the Peace and Joy sentiment from the Photo Finishers set but I only wanted these 3 words (I think the whole sentiment says something like "... to you and your's this holiday season") in this format so I just masked the rest off so it fitted into a nestie circle. Purple ribbon is PTI.

Crafty stash used: Stamps (PTI, Inkadinkadoo); Embossing powder; Nesties; Ribbon (PTI); Nailheads (Josy Rose)

Hope you enjoyed popping by today and are not getting too stressed about Christmas card making!!! I think I've only got about 12 to make now!!

4 comments:

Crafty Cath said...

Oh my, your cards are elegant with a simplistic design! Red and white holiday cards catch my eye. Then I'm a sucker for swirls and snowflakes and the red ribbon ties it all together! Super fantastic. I've been playing with last years Papertrey Ink holiday collection this year...I bought the whole set and find that their classic style never goes out.

Jules said...

Hi Steph

Loving both of these .. .. but have to say that the first is my favourite.

I love the crisp clean look.

Love Jules xx

cheryl said...

oh wow just love these to bits hun especially that red one its brilliant beautifully delicate hugs cherylxxxxx

Cheryl said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I love the white one with the pops of red.