Thursday 2 February 2012

Go Team!

Hi everyone! Hope you're enjoying your week and not freezing too much if you're in the UK!! Just a quick post today- this is a birthday card my Mum asked me to make for my brother. Now I know the colours are a bit bright (!!), and I hardly ever use yellow on cards, but my Mum wanted me to do a card in Watford football colours as my brother is a Watford fan.

So I used Football Ted from Elzybells (Elzybells are still a fav of mine, I miss them!! Though my beady eyes have definately spotted Elizbeth's designs in the new Penny Black collection!) I coloured him with copics in Watford colours and then used brush markers to add the thin stripes to his shirt. I used lyra pencils for the grass. The papers are Echo Park for the record- v handy as they include red, yellow and black ones!!! Sentiment is by MFT from A La Mode All Star. The little football was recycled from a card my Mum gave my hubbie a few years ago (yes, I keep and recycle everything, you never know when it might be handy!!)

I'd like to enter this into:
Cupcake Craft Challenges- recycle (football embellie)
Pollycraft- favourite things- Elzybells stamps are one of my favs!
My Time to Craft- a is for adorable
Simon Says- animal antics
Craft Us Crazy- anything goes
Sweet Stampin- animals

Close up! His cheeks are all rosy from all that running about!!

Crafty stash used: Stamps (Elzybells; MFT); Copics; Brush markers; Lyra pencils; Papers (Echo Park); Assorted cardstock; Nesties; Nailheads; Football embellie (recycled)

14 comments:

Tracey T said...

Your brother will love this! A very cute image (I agree, it's a shame about Elzybells) and fabulous colouring. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Unknown said...

Hi Steph, what a brilliant card! Love the colours and clean layout. Such a cute bear as well, and I also agree about Elzybells - will have to go look at the new range!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

Faye said...

This is an adorable project, love the recycling and the fabby, bright colours. (I miss Elzybells too!) Thanks so much for joining the fun at Cupcake. x

MiamiKel said...

Very sweet card :) I missed Elzybells, too, and yep, she's back designing for Penny Black so we'll get very lucky in the stamp world again :)

having a {me} day said...

Oh this is so adorable! Love the colouring and those bright, stunning papers. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

Brodders said...

Such a great idea for recycling :) Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Crafts and good luck - Jane x

Joey said...

Steph this is gorgeous! love the image, love the bold colours, thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Super cute creation, love the image & fab colours even if I support Newcastle lol!

Thank you for sharing with us at MTTC this week, good luck!
Hugs shell xx

cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun your brother will just adore this to bits,its so cute and stunning detail hugs Cherylxx

Christine L said...

Perfect male theme card (so hard to do) for your brother Steph - I'm sure he'll love it!
Hugs
Christine x

xxxtglxxx said...

Great card for your brother - its brilliant! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Unknown said...

OMG this is so sweet, what a fun card :D I love it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. xx

Mary J said...

So fresh and fun - I love it and so will your brother Steph! A great take on my sketch!

Thx for linking up to Quixotic Inspirations!

Mary J x

Alina said...

it's a very pretty card, Steph! thank you for joining us at Quixotic Inspirations!
hugs, Alina