Sunday 1 August 2010

A Springtini and the return of an old friend

Hi everyone! Hope you're all OK. Thanks for your support re my Mum. Unfortunately her infection has still not cleared up and I'm still driving her to the hospital every day. We were told by her GP that unless she was bed-bound, there's no way she'd get a district nurse!! Despite the fact that she can't drive and lives in the middle of nowhere!! We are getting a little concerned now as unless the infection clears up and the wound heals, there's no way she'll be able to start chemo and may miss the chance to join the clinical trial as well.

Life seems like a series of frustrations at the moment especially since I have seen the return of an old friend this week....my dreaded CFS- definately an uninvited guest! Just when I thought I'd seen the back of it, it rears its' ugly head and I'm totally zonked this weekend with pains everywhere. I managed to make this card for my sis's birthday but it took so long, I totally feel like I've lost my mojo and suddenly crafting seems really difficult!

Well enough of my moaning, I'm sure you just wanna look at my card instead of me droning on......

So here is my Springtini! I've had this stamp by Stamping Bella for ages (you may remember my previous Valentini cards!) but haven't yet used it which is crazy cos it's gorgeous. I coloured it with Lyra pencils and Sansador and added some highlights in glitter. If you click on the image, you can see the detail alot better. The papers are a My Mind's Eye freebie pad with one of the craft mags. Sentiment is by Papertrey Ink (Signature Greetings).

Here is a close up of my Springtini, I could really drink that myself right now!!!

Crafty stash used: Stamps (Stamping Bella, Papertrey Ink); Papers (My Mind's Eye); Assorted cardstock; Lyra pencils; Glitter (Lakeland); Butterfly (Prima); Nesties; Hot fix crystals (London Bead Co)

Thanks for stopping by x

3 comments:

mckinkle said...

Hi Steph, oh Im sorry to read that you're also unwell at the moment. It isnt really surprising considering that your life has been turned upside for the past few months and you've been so very busy.

I hope you manage to get the rest you need so you can recharge your batteries a little.

I love this gorgeous girly card! The image is super and the colours are fab!

Keryn x

Helen Laurence said...

Hi Steph, sorry to hear about your mum & that the nasty visitor has returned!! I've been so busy I've not had chance to catch up with my buddies in ages. I hope your mum gets better so she can have her chemo.

Hope you feel better soon too. I am going to a new ME group at Bootham hospital, only had 2 sessions & already its much more beneficial than Leeds was.

Beautiful card though hun. A ray of sunshine in your dark times.
Thinking of you
Hugs
Helen x

Jules said...

Hi Steph

Life is not being kind to you or your Mum at the moment is it .. .. I am so sorry!

I hope that the infection heals up so things can go ahead as planned and how gracious of you to refer to your CFS as your "old friend" .. .. you are so polite!

Things must really be a strain for you.

Amongst all of this you have created a wonderful card. So bright and beautiful.

Take care and best wishes to you and to your Mum.

Love Jules xx