Tuesday 21 February 2012

Anything Goes Challenge- Box it, bag it, tag it!

Hello all! Hope you had a lovely weekend. We had some gorgeous sunshine so it made a change from all the snow we've been having!! It's Tuesday so it's Anything Goes Challenge time. This week's theme is Box it, Bag it, Tag it! You can make a new or altered project- no cards this week!

Now I have to admit, I'm not really into creating boxes n stuff but it wouldn't be a challenge otherwise, right?! And I actually really enjoyed it, sometimes it's good to try something different!

I decided to make this cute little bird box for my Mum as a cute little gift. We've both recently purchased bird feeders for our gardens so I thought this was quite appropriate!

This bird box was created using this template on Nichole Heady's blog. It couldn't be simpler- really!! I used My Mind's Eye papers Urban Prairie- you need a 12" x 12" sheet for the main box. I used a round and a scalloped nestie to make the entrance. Can you see the bird seed inside?

The left hand side of the birdbox I decorated with the butterfly Die-namic die from MFT. The pretty gems are from The Craft Den.

The right hand side I decorated with a Magnolia tag die (available from The Craft Den), cute sentiment from the PTI Love Lives Here Holiday stamp set and a bird cut out from the papers I used.

I hope you have fun with this challenge, do check out the rest of the DT as their work is amazing this week!!

Crafty stash used: Stamps (PTI); Papers (MME); Assorted cardstock; Template (PTI); Nesties; Tag die (Magnolia); Butterfly die (MFT); Gems (The Craft Den); Ribbon (Recycled); Flower (Ebay); Pearl

11 comments:

Christine L said...

Fabulous creation Steph - the papers you've used are gorgeous! Hope your Mum loved it..
Hugs
Christine x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Steph, what a great design,love the papers.xxx

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

What a super gift Steph! I bet your Mum loved it :) love the papers you've used. Sarah x

emma mitchell said...

I've been admiring this for a few weeks now. I think it's Brilliant and beautiful
Emma xx

Michelle Short said...

WOW! This is gorgous Steph, what a fab idea and so pretty too! Bet you mum loves it! xx

Jen Nelson said...

this is just fab steph... i love love love it

xx

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hi hun, I just love this little box, such a nice idea, I bet your mum loved it.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Steph, Truly scrumptious creation!! Love It
Hugs
Tamara

Marjorie said...

This is just so gorgeous..your mum is going to love this..Lovely papers too!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Gaynor Greaves said...

Gorgeous project Steph, sorry i'm late with my comment I've been working, Gaynor :)

Annette said...

I love your little birdhouse, a brilliant idea. And the papers a just perfect.
Hugs Annette