Friday 19 February 2016

Bellarific Friday- Tiny Townie Petunia Gets A Piggy Back

Right ho! It's Bellarific Friday already but I wanted to ask you what you thought of the new release so far? Proper swoon-worthy right?!! Sneaky peeks continuing all through the week so don't forget to check back daily. Back to Bellarific Friday and I've a little story to tell you about the stamp I've used today but first I'd better tell you what the challenge was! 
This week's challenge was to make a 123 CARD- I used image, 2 papers and 3 sequins!


My card today is kind of an ode to Elaineabella (who wonderfully colours up all the Bella images for the stamp cover sheets). When I first saw Tiny Townie Petunia Gets A Piggyback, Elaineabella had coloured her with a black skirt and a yellow top (like above!) Because of her amazing colouring (and the little deely-boppers) I've always assumed this Tiny Townie was dressing up as a lil bee! So when I was colouring her up I thought, ooh I'll do her deely-boppers stripey (as in a bee!) It wasn't til I'd finished colouring them that I then thought-hang on a minute, her top isn't stripey like a bee! Maybe she isn't meant to be dressed like a bee!! I've looked at this image loads of times but never had second thoughts that she was anything other than a bee! Is she dressed as a bee? Who knows? (well, Em must know but I haven't asked her as I kinda like the mystery of it!) Anyhoo, the long and short of it is Elaineabella is fab at colouring and the wonder of stamping and colouring is that you can see anything you want to see in a stamp and every one can interpret an image in a different way! How cool is that?

Right, best stop wittering on and tell you how I made the card. I coloured TT with copics and used a copic multi-liner to draw the stripes on the deely boppers. On Petunia I used yellows for highlights and greens for shadows. The die-cut frame is the MFT Vertical Stitched Up Companion. Papers are Echo Park.


How happy does Petunia look?! Love Em's sentiment- she always produces the cutest sentiments!

Next week's challenge is a Mojobella sketch (below). You can either email Em or join in using Mr Linky. Your entry details are here.


See you soon. Thanks for stopping by x

Crafty stash used: Stamps (Stamping Bella); Copics; Papers (Echo Park); Cardstock (SU); Dies (MFT); Sequins (Doodlebug)



1 comment:

Heidi Brawley said...

oh my goodness!! This is soooooo darn Adorable!!! LOVE your card immensely!!!!
hugs, Heidi