Wednesday 17 February 2016

Stamping Bella sneaky peek 2- Uptown Girl Melanie The Modern Bride

I'm so excited to show you today's sneaky peek! I can't even begin to tell you my reaction when I first saw Melanie! I mean it was proper squealing. The result of this was that I procrastinated for ages on making this card because I loved the stamp so much, I wanted to do it justice. I love/hate it when that happens!! 


As Melanie is a "modern bride" I decided she couldn't go for a white wedding dress. I knew I wanted to use these papers by Simple Stories so I thought how about yellow? Plus I hardly ever colour with yellow. Melanie is coloured with copics and I used a watercolour pencil to add some highlights to her dress. Her beautiful flowers I stamped twice and cut out and raised them up on foam pads. The round card base is made using Grand Nesties. The black stitched swirl is a new MFT die. The row of hearts is a PTI die. Flowers are assorted from my stash. Melanie comes with the sentiment "Congratulations. So happy for you" but I just used the sentiment that was on one of the papers I used.


Here's your close up. Isn't her dress just to die for! I wanted her to have grey flowers but didn't know if they existed so had to google them! Yep, grey flowers OK!!

Hope you've enjoyed my sneaky peek. I loved making this one. Don't forget to pop over to the Stamping Bella blog all week to see the daily peeks.

Crafty stash used: Stamps (Stamping Bella); Copics; Watercolour pencil; White gel pen; Papers (Simple Stories); Cardstock (SU); Dies (Nesties; MFT; PTI, Lil Inkers); Sequins (Doodlebug); Flowers

No comments: