Thursday 5 May 2016

Stamping Bella DT Thursday! Stamping a portion of images.

Hello peeps!

I’m so excited be kicking off the very first Stamping Bella DT Thursday! Every Thursday, a member of the DT will be taking over Blogabella! For more details see here.

I’m always looking at my stamps to see how I can get more use out of them and how I can create different looks. One of the ways I love to do this is by stamping a portion of an image rather than the entire stamp.The projects I’m going to show you today will hopefully give you some ideas on how to do this as well as using stamps with some different mediums you might not have thought about- so let’s get started!

A while ago I made this card by using only a portion of some of my fav Uptownie stamps. I really had fun doing it so I thought I’d make another one for this tutorial.



It’s a nice and simple card to do but made using only a small proportion of each of the stamps to give a completely different look.



A tip for a project like this is to stamp out on scrap paper all the images you think might work for the project.




Then use the frame you’re using for the project to help you select what images might work best and to plan out what part of the image you’re going to use- bearing in mind, you might want to do some masking like I did with Perry’s pear. It also helps with placement of the frame as it’s sometimes interesting not to centre the image - like with Molly, I didn’t want any white space above her head as I wanted to show off as much of her dress as possible.



Here are the Uptownies I picked for this project all coloured up. 


As you can see for the final image, I masked off Perry’s pear and Brynn’s other arm.
And here is the finished project…



It’s a lot of fun to use more than one gorgeous Uptownie on a card, no? 

I thought I’d show you a couple of other fun projects you can make using only a portion of a stamp.



How about a tag using a part of Downtown Guy Calvin Loves His Computer?



Or what about a cute teeny tiny matching brad using the wine glass from Reilly Loves To Relax?




Or my personal favs- some cute magnets using part of Charlotte Loves To Shop and Abigail The Artist




Here they are in action on my memo board…


I hope you’ve enjoyed the first Stamping Bella DT Thursday and have maybe been inspired to look at your stamps in a fresh way! See you tomorrow for usual Bellarific Friday! x

Crafty stash used: Stamps (Stamping Bella); Copics; White gel pen; Pico Embellisher; Dies (Mama Elephant, Nesties, MFT, Lil Inkers); Xryon Creative Station using Laminated/Magnetic Sheets; i-top Brad Maker; Chipboard; Twine; Eyelet

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Absolutely love what you did!!

Debbie Rumpza said...

I love your ideas and never thought of making magnets!