Friday 15 July 2016

Stamping Bella DT Thursday with Winnie Looking Out Of The Window


Hi ya. Yesterday was my turn to take over the Stamping Bella blog with DT Thursday and I wanted to share some inspiration on how to give your stamping a 3D-decoupage effect! I made this card using Uptownie Winnie Looking Out Of The Window. Here is the finished card with all its' layers- doesn't Winnie just look so dreamy?! Read on if you want to see how I made her...


Firstly, you need to look at the image to see what you need to stamp out to create the layers. Here I decided to stamp out:
1. The complete image
2. The complete image again
3. The window box and foliage


On the first image, I coloured the entire image and paper pieced the curtains. I didn't worry too much about the quality of colouring on the frame, window box and foliage as these will be covered by other layers.


On the second image, I coloured the frame and the window box and foliage (not worrying too much about the quality of colouring on the window box and foliage as this will be covered by a final layer). I then cut out the frame and the window box and foliage.

On the third image, I coloured the window box and foliage and cut out. I then cut out a piece of acetate to fit the window.


I then made the rest of the card and stamped out the accompanying sentiment. I then attached the acetate to the top window frame using very thin (3mm) double-sided tape and assembled the layers using 3D foam pads.

You can see the layers here.


And here...


Love how she looks tucked in behind the window. Wonder what she's thinking about!! x

Crafty stash used: Stamps (Stamping Bella); Copics; White gel pen; Papers (Tilda); Cardstock (PTI); Coloured ink (PTI); Dies (Memory Box, Lil Inkers); Acetate

No comments: